Friday, April 1, 2011

Last month roared in like a lion and kept roaring all the way through. I was crushed by a sudden turn of events and am still feeling a bit bruised and tender. Was it a wolf in sheep's clothing, or a sheep in a wolf's? I thought it was the end of the world as I knew it....and it has been in a way. I had a few false starts work wise, with a religious project that went no where fast topping the list. But as "they" say, with every door that closes, an new one opens... and this month it surely did open. I am feeling very hopeful, and spring is blooming with possibilities. Along came a multi cover project that was absolutely "sinful" in it's topics but was a complete pleasure to do. I felt renewed by the challenge of a quick turnaround and positive feedback. Sometimes we have to let go to grow, and since it is the beginning of growing season, I am in full swing with loads of energy for my new endeavors, and planting seeds, lots of seeds, literally and figuatively. I can't show the work I have just done, due to fact that the illustrations are unpublished, confidential and still not yet ready for prime time viewing.

Below is my once again, newly wed pretty friend Betsy, who's wedding I recently shot and mentioned in my last blog. She inspires this thought which I leave you with. It is a motto of mine and very good advice to live by. "If at first you don't succeed, try and try again". What other realistic options
do we really have?
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment